Thursday, October 2, 2008

Farmgirl Trapped In The City

All of my life I've wanted to live in the country. My ancestors were all farmers in Tennessee, so I guess it's just in my blood to want to live in a place where the pace of life is slower and simpler, and where the only sounds I hear at night are the crickets and the breeze rustling the leaves on the trees.

So, where have I lived all of my life so far? It's been in the concrete confines of the suburbs where I feel like a prisoner waiting for a pardon or escape. I don't feel at home here. I don't have a sense of peace, comfort or belonging in this place where everything is so fast paced that the people seldom smile much less greet each other with a simple "hello".

Finally though, after too many years, my dream of living in the country may come true! We are currently looking at properties and may have found the perfect place. How ironic that this place is in Tennessee. It's like my ancestors are calling me home with open and welcoming arms.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go... farmgirlfriend!~

BritChickNY said...

Sometimes life sends on these paths, and then we find that they all lead home...I hope this is true for you.

Farmhouse Blessings said...

So happy for you! We were blessed to begin living our dream 3 years ago ... where my husband's roots began right here in Tennessee! It is everything we have ever dreamed up.

I hope that your dream comes true.

Blessings,
Lea