Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

We attended Thanksgiving dinner at my aunt and uncle's home yesterday. They don't live in the country, but their neighborhood has an abundance of wildlife.

From their kitchen window we saw over a dozen deer, various birds including a hawk, squirrels, and the feral cat that has lived on their property for over 20 years.

After we ate our feast, we went out in their back yard and fed the deer bread and cracked corn. The hawk received it's feast of the turkey carcass, and the birds were given sunflower seeds and veggie scraps. The cat was treated to turkey and also cat food.

It was so wonderful to walk out amongst the wildlife and share the bounty with them. It brought such peace and contentment as I felt so close to God and His creation.

I only wish I had my camera with me to capture what I saw and experienced, but it will remain in my memory always.

No comments: